This content has been archived. It may no longer be relevant
On Thursday, February 2, 2017, FSES PTA Board members attended the Anne Arundel County Council of PTAs Legislative Breakfast at the House of Delegates in Annapolis. During the meeting, the PTA learned about the 2017 Legislative Priorities for the AACCPTA.
Some priorities include:
- Supporting policies that promote standards for family-school partnerships that address:
- Supporting policies that review and modify state-rated capacity formula.
- Supporting policies that states that no single test be considered the sole determinant of a student’s eligibility for high school graduation, college acceptance, or future.
- The AACCPTA OPPOSES public funding for private and religiously based schools via appropriations, vouchers, scholarships, or tax credits.
- The AACCPTA OPPOSES Charter school legislation that does not set the same high standards for oversight, instruction, and financial management that w currently have with local school boards being the authorized agency.
For more priorities or to discuss any other legislation involving children, please reach out to the AACCPTA at www.aaccpta.org or by email to email@example.com.
The AACCPTA awards two scholarships annually. Hurry, the deadline is February 17th.